Sunday 24 February 2013

AS Level: Production Making

Pages (A3): Game boy model at exact scale.

During AS (A-Level), I was able to assemble a Game boy model as a project based on Advertising. In this subject (DT) we had to assemble the model to scale using real measurements and finally coating it with spray paint to make it seem almost exactly like the real packaging. This task gave me the ability to construct an object in 3D and to also follow the stages within a strict deadline. The making stages which is shown above in 3 separate sheets refer to the development processes which include using new materials to enhance the overall model.




 Apart from producing the Gameboy I also had to create a packaging net to place the Game boy in. This included using Adobe Photoshop and 2D Desktop. The packaging design was aimed at 12+ so I chose to look at a young theme in order to attract the younger generation. 

(Constructing a next generation speaker - Blue Sky Thinking)
 This task included using our own ideas to create a new and dynamic speaker for the next generation. We had no limit towards this challenge which meant we could create anything but it had to be realistic. I decided to go for a Bluetooth (wireless) speaker which luminated in the dark including other supposed techniques. I chose to create a simple design (inspired by the architecture of the Burj Al Arab in Dubai); as shown above and used Pro-Desktop to assemble my idea to life. I then also constructed this into a 3D model as shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment