Saturday 23 February 2013

A-Level Art: 'Adolescence'

During my final year at AS level, I studied 'Adolescence' in my topic for Unit 2. This allowed me to look at the rebellious ages which were portrayed mainly as portraits juxtaposed with multi-coloured hues in order to make the overall outcome of the pieces 'energetic' and 'lively'.

Medium: Oil paints and Conte (105x55cm)
(105x55cm)

This image is taken out of my Sketchbook where I began to experiment with hues and features on the face. Originally, the photograph shows a boy younger than his ages so I took inspiration from this to add a 'twinkle' effect in his eye to show the innocence within the rebellious teenagers.

(35x50cm)

(105x55cm)
As part of my topic 'Adolescence' I chose to look at the different moods of young adults and here I looked at the depression stage.

Skethbook pages: This shows development of going into symbolism and Colour

Visual Brainstorm of Ideas which also includes sketches and mini paintings. (Acrylic+Ink)

Exam Preparation Sketchbook Ideas - portraits

No comments:

Post a Comment